Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hot August Days

So it been a while. It's not like we have anything else to do! So here it goes. It will be a long one at least with a lot of pictures since we have about a month to cover. I will not be held liable for any ommission I might make as I may not be able to remember what happened a month ago but I will give it my best shot. We'll start with the current and go back.

Way to go on Updating the blog daddy-o. This is hilarious because every picture I have of myself from my mission, I'm doing this corny thumbs up. This is a full bellied, tired-eyed Bennett. JOhn was next to him in his chair sound asleep.

Our neighbors love us apparently. Our home teacher down the street brought up this little stroller that all of our kids fit into like sardines. They fit today but I'm not making any guarantees for tomorrow. Their three little heads down there bouncing around is hilarious.

I dare you to identify these guys. Yes, it's one picture of both-probably 30 seconds apart. The winner receives a free night of babysitting! Um...I think they are identical. What do you think?







We had our Funk Family reunion at Layton Park on Saturday and loved walking around and seeing the ducks, swans and geese. This was a great picture I thought of the girls. They both looked back at the same time to see where Daddy was. Then snap!! Paparrazzi!




This is our little Taylor. She's not very photogenic and has a hard time smiling.
She's available for hire for the following 4 types of commercials-juicy juice, kix cereal, JIF peanut butter, baskin robbins ice cream. My research indicates these are the premium spot for kids. We will settle for nothing less.

Johnny Rocker loves to play the drums at the dishwasher. It is an immediate attractant to the boys. Dishwasher+distracted mommy=jam session. I think Bennett will probably pick up guitar soon.


Bennett after Bath-before clothes.


Again we may consider Coke or Pepsi commercials but only when aired during a major sporting event like the Olympics or Superbowl. None of this Wimbeldon mumbo-jumbo.


Taylor wanted to see how heavy Dad's new helmet was. She's fine....


I think this is Bennett. They both love their Tractor. If it has wheels, they love it.

Daddy got an old trail bike to go to the mountains with. Taylor is bonkers about riding it. We only go on state highways and never go over 65.





I went to the ranch with my grandfather Funk to ride my new motorcycle. I had a blast by the way. What guy still goes riding 40 miles with his Grandpa in his 70's? He's a stud.

Anyway-upon coming home, I meet an excited-no jubelant-Carin in the drive way. I assume it's because she missed me during my overnighter. Come to find out, she's been offered a trip to Park City and can go with her best bud Jenny. This means Daddy has twins all weekend by himself. I too am jubelant. She takes Taylor with her and has a fine time. The picture above was the reaction I got from the twins upon their realization I was the sole caregiver for more than a couple hours. Kind of a "you're kidding right?" I survived, Carin got a much needed weekend away and we all appreciate mommy that much upon her return. Works out for everyone!

5 comments:

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

WOW! That was a lot to process in one post! LOL! My guess is John in the top pic and Bennett in the bottom pic. I am pretty good at telling them apart now, but those pictures were a little harder than real life. I think you meant to say the winner get's one million dollars, not a night of babysitting right?

Kirk and Carin Chugg said...

John is on the top Bennetts on the bottom. You are the wiener!!! When are you coming over to babysit? I am so glad someone took the bait.

The Fife's said...

We love the new blog!
Oh My Cutie. Taylor can be in my comercial any day. (If I had one)
It was awesome seeing you guys again. Your boys are stinkin' cute.

Unknown said...

Carin and Kirk, What an awesome post, I have really enjoyed reading your latest, what good lookin kids you have, I still don't know how you tell the twins apart. Well keep posting we sure enjoy seeing what you are all up to. See ya later. Uncle Mikal

Angela said...

Alleluia.....I am so glad you finally posted. I am SO excited to be in hootah soon. YIPEE! BTW....Dan is very jealous of your dirt bike. It looks like fun!