Monday, August 25, 2008

Sickos!

I think (cross everything) that the kiddos are officially over the NASTY cold bug we have had the past week. I tell you what, 3 sick kids are NO fun..especially when you are sick yourself!! But Bennett's fever broke yesterday and John's broke Friday and I think the worst is over! YAY!! Now we just have to get Daddy all better and are house can officially be free and clear of sickos! Why are summer colds so much harder to get over than winter colds? It makes no sense to me.

Here's a little update on what's been going on other than the sickness. Bennett officially has 5 teeth now!! That's right 5! Can ya believe it? That might have contributed to the sick factor of course. I thought he just had one poking through on top but I felt 2 more tonight. He'll be eating cow in now time! John still only has the one on top poking through...and if that other one doesn't poke through pretty soon we are going to have to put a couch on our front porch and let him sit out there in his diaper. (So he can be a little one toother redneck-for those of you that aren't able to catch my late night wit). I am preparing myself for the inevitable day of walking for Bennett and John...I know it is coming soon. They are starting to scoot around really well along the furniture and man they are fast crawlers. The other morning (ok about 2 weeks ago-during pre-SICK days) I took all 3 kiddos outside to help me water the plants. I was thinking the boys would just kind of be happy chillin' on the grass but boy was I wrong. John bee-lined it to get a mouthful of rotten apricots that were roasting in the sun on the cement and Bennett found the flower beds and found himself a nice handful of dirt (or was that John too?). Then Taylor and John found a bucket of water and they both had a great time splashing each other and ended up DRENCHED! And John has decided that he likes to climb up on the cement patio out front and scare me to death by crawling right to the edge of the 2 foot drop off (he hasn't developed spatial reasoning quite yet). Needless to say I haven't attempted that again because I don't think the flowers even ended up getting watered. Gone are the days of being able to go outside with the boys and actually work in the yard. Here are some recent picks of the goings on at our house.

Here is the latest addition to the Chugg family. Kirk's new bike...and wow do we love it! Karla and Mont came over and watched the kids the other night and Kirk and I went on a date on the bike. And WOW it was so much fun!!! We had a blast! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

Story time after a long day as you can tell by these tired faces.

Three monkeys smiling in the bed. The boys woke up from their nap before Taylor did so John crawled in to Taylor's room and woke her up...she was thrilled. I think her exact words were, "Don't come in my room John!" Obviously she got over that fast.


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Your children are so adorable! And growing so fast!

10zfam said...

i'm so sorry that you were all so sick, that doesn't sound fun at all.
i love the story of the kids getting into different things.