Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Positives

I decided today to post some of the fun things the boys have done lately...they do so many daily but they sometimes get overshadowed by the naughty things they do. Bennett's new thing is that when John is crying Bennett will go get a burp rag to wipe John's runny nose with. The first time he did it I thought it was just a fluke thing but the next time he did it I realized he knew exactly what he was doing. He saw John's runny nose and thought to help. Bennett is also very concerned about everyone's owies...if he is sitting by John he will inspect his legs for scratches and say "oohhhwwie". Bennett is really starting to use new sounds and more understandable words as of late. He is especially good at Dada and Mama now...oh and "yeah". We are trying to work on "Taylor" but that is pretty tricky for both of them.

John is still Mr. Adventure. He loves exploring and doing his own thing. He is also quite the little jokester...he will do silly sounds or make silly faces to try and get a laugh. The other day I was trying to put them down for a nap and they just both kept laughing and laughing instead of sleeping. So I went in their room to tell them again to go to sleep and they both had their blankies over their heads like ghosts and they were just laughing. Silly silly boys. I am glad they can make each other laugh...if only it would happen less at naptime we'd be set.

We all went to Smith and Edwards yesterday to look at some different things...holy cow that is a crazy store. I had never really walked back through all the surplus stuff...they have so many random things it is amazing. Kirk decided he wants an old WWII jumpsuit or coat after looking through the racks and racks of old military getups...the more holes the better. Anyway while we were there we walked down the toy aisles. John was in heaven when we walked by all the toy tractors (holy cow they are expensive by the way). He just kept pointing at everything and saying, "OOHHHHHH" with great excitement. We know what to get him for his birthday now!! Oh how I love my little family!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Positive or negative posts, I love to read about those boys! They crack me up!

Anonymous said...

I too recently experienced Smith & Edwards. It is crazy!! I felt an overwhelming need to organize but the thought of organizing that made me want to cry.

The Hall Clan said...

Oh, it is nice to remind ourselves of the funny/cute things they do. Just like I look at them while they are sleeping quite often to remind myself how cute and peaceful they really are. Chad knows it's been a bad day if I linger in their bedroom after they are asleep for a few minutes.

Angela said...

i love your little family too! Get your butt to AR and see us!

Karla said...

I also would like more peach and quite during nap time. Doesn't anyone else get tired besides the Mom?