Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boca Raton

These are Banyan trees. They have roots that drop from the branches and become secondary trunks to the tree. This is one tree and it spreads a good 150 ft wide. It was cool just to stand under it and look at how big it was.


This is the courtyard that our room overlooked. We had a deck to sit on and see all the Lamborginis and Bentleys drive up to the yacht club. I enjoyed that.

Boca Raton is translated to "Inlet of Thieves". It is supposed to be where all the pirates hung out. The resort was the first "resort" in the world. It was 365 acres of beautiful landscape. It is supposed to be fashioned after a Spanish estate. It was gorgeous! We loved it. We had Chris Gardner speak to us(the man they made the movie The Pursuit of Happyness" after. His speech was great. We also heard from a guy Jaime Clark that has climbed Everest and was one of the only westerners to cross the Sahara on a camel. He was a great speaker. It was fun to hang out with a bunch of successful advisors and get some business ideas from them and just enjoy the company. Next convention will be in 2010 in San Diego!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Carin, your kids are darling. You style your daughter's hair so cute. I'm glad that you got to go on a vacation with your husband, it must have been nice to have some quality time with him. If you don't mind, I'll link your blog to mine, so I can keep in touch every now and then.

Angela said...

I am so glad you had fun! Thanks for updating the blog

The Halls said...

Hey Carin,

I can't believe that you have three kids...I can't handle the one that I have. Anyways it is good to see what you are up to. Drop me your email address if you would like and I will invite you to my blog. Also I don't know if you were planning on giving Jen a baby shower, but let me know. I would love to help.
natalie.hall@imail.org

Natalie

10zfam said...

your kids are way cute. i can't believe you have 3 kids. way to go. taylor looks just like you.