Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fancy John

I was having another brave/'I need to get out of the house' moment and went shopping with the kids the other day. Before I get into my story I just have to say though...based on the amount of people on the roads and in the stores no way are we in a recession....seriously...it doesn't look to me like people are scaling back on anything...just a thought. Anyway back to my original thought. So our vanigan of kiddos headed to Walmart. We headed back to the toy section because I needed to get some toys for some cousins. So we went up and down all the boy toy aisles and the boys didn't make a peep, they weren't all that interested with what was going on. Then I started walking up the girl toy aisle and oh my goodness you would have thought there were fireworks going off...Bennett and John got so excited when they saw all the dolls and stuffed animals..they just started laughing and squealing and talking...it was hilarious!! I told Kirk the story and he was a little concerned I think...so much so that he didn't want Bennett playing with My Little Pony tonight. I tell you what...they are funny boys. To go along with this issue, Taylor has this blue flowery lei and lately John's favorite thing is to put it on and walk around the house. He loves it when you tell him how fancy he looks! Boys are funny!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Don't worry, I think that comes with having an older sister. Alex enjoys playing "daddy" with babies and going shopping and such. He gets it from Samantha. I think it's adorable!!

Jen Story~Storybook Photos said...

LOL, hey all boys do it I think! Last night Bennett was pushing around his baby doll in the baby stroller! Just a phase!

Stephanie said...

I think that is funny, however, I really don't think you have anything to worry about...they just make girls toys look so much more fun than boys toys..my little Ian love to play house with the girls and he is deffinalty "TOTALLY BOY!"